27th International Poster Biennale in Warsaw 2021
Deadline: 15 February 2021
Open to: artists, artistic groups, graphic / design / branding studies, etc.
Benefits: cash prizes Foto: Pixabay
Applications are open for the 27th edition of the International Poster Biennale in Warsaw, which is to take place in 2020/2021. In cooperation with the Polish National Commission for UNESCO, they have already organized the first official event of the 27th edition of the International Poster Biennale in Warsaw – the International Poster Competition for art school students.
Since 1966, when its first celebration took place, the aim of the International Poster Biennale in Warsaw has been to present to the general public a review of posters designed by artists from around the world during the period between the previous and current event. This review of the most outstanding achievements in the field of design is selected by means of two competitions. The 27th International Poster Biennale in Warsaw includes a Main Competition and a Set Subject Competition, which are subject to separate regulations.
- Posters entered for the Main Competition can be submitted individually, by a tandem of artists, by an artistic group, or as graphic / design / branding studies, etc.
- Artists may submit for the Main Competition a maximum of 2 posters that were designed no earlier than April 1st 2018.
- The Main Competition is by nature an open competition.
- Only adults may participate in the Main Competition.
- The Main Competition is not limited in terms of subject matter.
- The International Jury will award the following prizes in the Main Competition:
- 1st prize – PLN 20,000
- 2nd prize – PLN 15,000
- 3rd prize – PLN 10,000
- The organizer will award additional funded prizes, including the Józef Mroszczak prizes, awarded by the Rector of the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts.
- The value of prizes will be reduced by the income tax due in accordance with the generally applicable regulations.