Customer Care Representative - Software Support
CPA Global, Part of Clarivate
Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world's most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
Job Purpose/General Definition
Working at Clarivate means working for the world’s leading IP technology company and working with some of the world’s most innovative and disruptive companies. Our customers (including 89% of the world’s top patent filers at the last count) choose us because we specialize in developing and delivering innovative products and services that eliminate risk and leave them to do what they do best: activate ideas that change the world.
This role provides effective software support for customers; following policies and procedures to meet and exceed customer expectations and developing technical expertise to resolve queries and issues. This Software Support role is responsible for providing functional support for multiple software solutions. This position works with customers and Clarivate consultants to triage, troubleshoot, document, and resolve support issues.
The position requires exceptional customer service skills and a strong desire to be on a continual journey of learning a variety of products, content types and customer “personas”. Mastery of spoken and written English along with having a positive and friendly demeanor, great problem-solving skills, and both confidence and poise in all customer interactions, particularly via phone, are a must. Additional Oracle, Microsoft Server, and German language skills are a plus.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact (via phone, email, and web-based support portal) as a part of the customer service team regarding questions and issues related to multiple software products.
- Triage of all incidents logged, determining the priority levels of all calls
- Interact with customers, professional services, product management, and software developers to provide professional and efficient advice and assistance as the customer advocate
- Resolving incidents in accordance with the Service Level Agreements; prioritize and resolve quick issues and escalate other issues to the relevant function
- Building customer relationships via phone, email, and other channels
- Foster internal relationship with the other support teams, Clarivate Professional Services, Sales, and other groups to help drive company goals.
- Develop a full understanding of service capabilities,
- Contribute to the development of services best practices (in particular around technical aspects)
- Additional tasks as defined by management
- Develop product knowledge through training and mentoring; aiming to develop expertise across the Clarivate software product suite
- Maintain detailed call records for all internal and external customer interactions.
- Strive to meet all performance metrics for software support delivery
- Act upon and report customer feedback to contribute to organizational learning and ensure best practice is coordinated across the organization
- Proactive in identifying any potential improvements to Software Support, identifying any capability gaps and flagging to the Head of Software Support
- Act as the ‘face’ of Clarivate and demonstrate our company values at all times
- Other duties as assigned by Employer
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Oracle and Microsoft Server knowledge a plus
- Fluent written and spoken German is a plus
What Can We Offer You:
- Paid lunch
- Private health insurance
- FitPass card
- Company bicycles for rent free of charge
- Access to My Learning platform
- Access to Virgin Pulse platform
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.