We shape a better world
Start your career at Arup, an independent engineering and consulting firm with more than 18,000 specialists, working across 90+ disciplines, with projects in over 140 countries. Founded in 1946, we are the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment, including the Sydney Opera House, the London Eye, and the Beijing National Stadium (aka the Bird's Nest).
Sustainable development is at the heart of everything we do.
We strive to create an inclusive environment and give everyone a voice. Diversity drives innovation in our projects and offers empathy to the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people living with disability and provide workplace adjustments.
At Arup, you’ll do more than work — you’ll shape a better world.
Each year we hire graduates and specialists in different disciplines to strengthen our team. At this moment we are looking for a candidate to join our Environmental Team based in Belgrade, Serbia.
Job Title: Environmental Engineer
Location: Serbia – Belgrade
The Environmental Engineer will be part of a team of environmental specialists working on reviewing environmental risks and impacts in clients’ operations.
Arup’s Belgrade office is involved in projects at different stages of the project cycle. We are advising our clients during development stages, in assessment of environmental impacts of planned developments and in development of mitigation measures and management plans to minimise negative impacts. We are also engaged in inspecting, monitoring, and auditing the construction activities, ensuring that the mitigation measures adopted are properly implemented and that the negative environmental and social impacts of the project are minimized. Arup is also advising the stakeholders on measures to strengthen environmental and social performance in complying with IFIs requirements.
The position offers suitable candidates a unique opportunity to gather unparalleled private sector environmental risk management experience in emerging markets, to work in the field, and to be exposed to the wider operations of the Arup Group.
To maintain Arup’s high-quality standards, we are looking for candidates who meet at least, the following criteria:
- Master or university degree in civil engineering, environmental management, or other disciplines relevant to management of environmental impacts in the built environment
- Good communication skills essential for team-based working
- Excellent planning and organizational skills for our fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to explore new opportunities
- Excellent command of the English language
- Have an interest in the area of environmental safeguard management in the field of the built environment
- Willing to travel both in country and internationally
- Driving licence and active driver (bonus)
We offer you a job in a multicultural and informal international working environment with good conditions:
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere, great team
- Family-friendly flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow
- Hybrid home/office working policy
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Competitive salary and benefits package (global profit shares scheme, private health insurance, language courses, multisport card)
- A real opportunity for professional development and exchange of knowledge and experience in an international environment
Arup is committed to equal opportunities for its employees, in compliance with Sustainable Development Goals 8, 10 and 16, as defined by the United Nations. If you have a certificate of disability equal to or greater than 33%, please indicate it. This information, which is voluntary, will be treated confidentially by the Human Resources team, who will take it into account for the selection process related to the position you are applying for. It will help us to improve the integration of profiles with specific needs at Arup.
Please send us your CV and one-page cover letter.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Dusica Silic, at Arup in Serbia electronically.