Front Office Agent
Metropol Palace d.o.o.
Metropol Palace Hotel 5* was founded in 1957, when it was originally opened, in its 55 years of tradition in Belgrade, Metropol Hotel, and now Metropol Palace has always been the perfect representative of Belgrade - beautiful, elegant and modern.
The hotel's wide range of suites and apartments, dining and meeting rooms, much in demand for seminars, cocktail receptions and weddings, is located in the very heart of Belgrade.
Due to a high demand we are opening a position of: Front Office Agent
- Registers guest and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Must be sales-minded. Present options and alternatives to guest and offers assistance in making choices.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests and day use rooms.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- High school graduate or degree in hospitality.
- Knowledge of Opera reservation system is preferable.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English language.
- Must possess basic computes skills.
- Previous hotel-related experience will be preferred.
- Requires good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitete the communication process.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.