Internship for Front-end Developers
College practice or small internship is a very important aspect of every learning process. Students are given the opportunity to actually engage and participate in real life projects which eventually allows them to gain experience which normally they would not be able to gain in college.
To apply for internship as a front-end developer at Vega IT, you need to have good theoretical knowledge on the subject and some practical experience as well.
The following list shows what you need to know and understand to be able to apply for internship as a front-end developer at Vega IT:
- you have to know the HTML5 markup language (all the available elements)
- you have to understand how you can use the elements to enrich the semantic content of documents
- you have to know what a valid HTML page is and you have to know how you can validate your pages
- you have to understand cascading and selector specificity so you can write an effective code
- you have to understand the CSS box model
- you have to know what a valid CSS file is and how you can validate your CSS
- cross-browser optimization - you have to know the basics about the cross-browser optimizations/support
- you have to be experienced with Photoshop
- you should know how to work with version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
The following is a list of additions that would provide you with a better chance of being accepted for internship at Vega IT:
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (mainly SASS)
- Making performance a priority
- Image optimization
- Progressive enhancement - approach to web development that aims to deliver the best possible experience to the widest possible audience
- Experience with CMS platforms