At Yardzen, we believe people are at their best when they’re outside.
We have a simple promise: to help people envision the outdoor spaces of their dreams, all online. Then to match them with the right pros to bring their design to life. Since our launch in 2018 we’ve helped thousands of homeowners across the US achieve their dream yards, make environmentally responsible decisions, boost their property values and get more out of their outdoor spaces.
In short order we’ve become the most active landscape design firm in the US, using technology and a vast network of local landscape contractors to disrupt the $100 billion outdoor renovation industry. We’ve been featured in Architectural Digest, the New York Times, Sunset Magazine, House Beautiful, the Wall Street Journal and Forbes Magazine. And we’re just getting started.
Become a Remote Landscape Designer at Yardzen
We value great design, natural light, and fresh air. We're looking for people who both have an encyclopedic knowledge of planting and can source a mid-century modern fire pit without breaking a sweat. Sound familiar? We want to meet you.
We're looking for experienced landscape architects and designers who, like us, are passionate about helping people unlock their yard's full potential. Our designer role is a 3-month contractor position, with the possibility of extension. Our designers are fully remote and have the flexibility to work on their own schedule as long as they are able to meet deadlines.
- You’re proficient in a variety of digital rendering and computer-aided design software. Our photorealistic renderings lead the industry.
- You have worked in a design related field and are motivated to learning new design techniques.
- You’re excited about working in a fast-paced startup environment where you can use your problem-solving skills to meet client requirements.
- You’re skilled at time management and can easily switch from one task to the next.
- You’re able to meet challenging deadlines and juggle multiple projects at once.
- You’re available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and more if you want to!
Since April 2020, we're a remote-first organization. We believe work is a thing you do, not a place you go, and that we can stay connected as an organization from anywhere. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and autonomy create the best results.