Network Performance Evolution Intern
Why join Ericsson?
We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity.
You’ll play a part in using your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what’s possible. To build never-seen-before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems.
Join a team of like-minded innovators driven to go beyond the status quo to build what’s next.
At Ericsson, you can be an explorer, a change maker and a force for good.
Our purpose: To create connections that make the unimaginable possible.
Our vision: A world where limitless connectivity improves lives, redefines business and pioneers a sustainable future.
Our values: Our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded in the walls and where our core values of professionalism, respect, perseverance and integrity shine through in everything we do.
About this opportunity
The Network Performance and Evolution team in Ericsson´s Market Area Europe and Latin America supports mobile network operators with the analysis and advice to position themselves as network performance leaders. The team consists of world class presales specialists working as a flat and highly collaborative organization. We are in the forefront both in terms of technology, e.g. how to deploy 5G, and use of advanced analytics to generate valuable insights for our customers.
We are looking for a talented individual eager to support the network performance and network evolution specialists to drive the network performance engagements with multiple operators across Europe and Latin America through simulations and customized studies.
You’ll get the opportunity to
- Analyze technology solution that enhances the customer's competitive position through network performance modeling (simulations) of advanced technology such as Massive MIMO and 5G-NR deployment considerations
- Analyze performance evolution with traffic growth and predict bottlenecks in capacity
- Support network performance customer engagements in Market Area Europe and Latin America. Benchmark performance versus other networks through Ericsson KPI comparison and data analytics or external sources (Ooklaa speedtest, CellRebel Crowdsourcing)
- Support with your studies the pre-sale specialists to evaluate different scenarios and advice Ericsson customer’s in decision process for the most beneficial RAN investments and enhanced end-user experience
- A typical network performance customer engagement address operator Head of RAN/Network and C-level and include analysis of 4G and 5G capacity needs and deployment strategy
The MELA NMS Practice “Network Performance and Evolution” is a flat organization with distributed responsibilities and strong collaboration within the team and with other organizations/colleagues. We strive to be robust and, in all aspects, diverse team. We have very skilled and hardworking colleagues with a broad background of expertise – ranging engagement managers to CTOs, SPMs, and KAMs. Tasks and workload could from time to time be challenging, which we at the same time believe (with the right empowerment) for the right candidate will be very rewarding and offers a chance to add high value to Ericsson & our customers and to grow rapidly!
- Deep understanding of radio access network technology (performance, capacity, link budget)
- Experience running and interpreting performance analysis
- Data analytics and programming skills will be considered as advantage (Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, MySQL, Java, C/C++, Matlab, Power BI, ML)
- Good presentation skills
- Outstanding interest to grow capability in leadership and communication
- Consultative approach always seeking for a phenomenal outcome for everyone with customer and internally
- Always seeking solutions also “outside the box”
- Ability to simplify complex matters while not neglecting important details
- Strong cultural awareness and excellent interpersonal communications and networking skills
- Good time planning skills
What we offer
Interns who join us will enjoy an outstanding chance to make connections, to make change, to make a real difference. We are always looking for interns to become permanent members of our Ericsson team, so you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your future with us during your internship.
As our future grads, we’ll give you the freedom to think big and the capability to fulfill your potential at Ericsson. We are always looking for graduates with inquiring minds who can contribute to our industry-leading solutions and help shape the future of connectivity.
To put it simply, we change how people, businesses and societies connect – and the results are genuinely exciting, challenging and often, awe-inspiring.
What happens once you apply?
Click here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like. This may vary depending on the location and role.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.