Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing 24/7 support for end user requests or problems/issues with IT services/systems and platforms that are required to do business. You will be the primary interface between IT and the Business, aligned with the global support model and the associated processes and metrics. The key focus is to monitor and prioritize the support queues (email, phone, and ticket queues), provide first level support and assist with the continued maturity of support processes, and knowledge base articles.
- Provide Level 1 support in a large corporate environment with multiple global locations and 15k+ user base.
- Identifies, responds to, and initiates the necessary activities within IT to resolve user reported issues with IT systems in a manner consistent with user expectations and the appropriate urgency is established with respect to individual issues reported.
- Provides input on the processes and supporting tools required for the execution of the end user support mission, assuring that the team is executing according to the standard processes, and has the tools and adequate training in the processes to succeed in their mission (this may include manning a physical local Service Desk).
- Researches and identifies solutions that can help expand or make support initiatives more efficient or effective. Simplify or automate IT operations and increase levels of IT service.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes tickets, enhancements and action items while making progress visible to customers and management.
- Collaborate with other Information Technology teams to ensure support to business users utilizing Ball Corporation IT supported applications, devices, and supporting technology, is provided in a timely manner to effectuate complete customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly growing IT sector and identify technological or process improvements that could be made to improve the efficiency of the End User Support Function.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through graduate degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1+ years in related field preferred or a corresponding number of years’ experience in IT
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Solid knowledge in current techniques and hardware capabilities of personal computers to troubleshoot and problem solve issues
- Ability and technical awareness of issues with local area networks, wide area networks, and connectivity capabilities that could also impede the end user performance of IT
- English language
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
If you are interested in the position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.