Service Desk Specialist
Tech Data AS d.o.o.
This is a split office and work from home role working on a 24x7 shift pattern. Supporting customers globally, the 24x7 Engineer answers and logs technical support calls and service requests for a variety of IT products under a number of managed and support services. Using fault trees, triage skills and detailed processes, the 24x7 Engineer gathers information in conjunction with the client to investigate and isolate the fault, be it hardware and/or software, escalating faults to the appropriate resolver groups. A focus on delivering excellent customer service is key, providing an unparalleled experience for our customers. The right candidate will be ready to learn new skills and technologies with the role offering career progression into our specialist technology positions.
We can offer you:
- A value-based culture - all of our employees live by our shared core values which in turn brings everyone together in a collaborative culture with a real sense of community.
- We can offer you access to an online learning portal assisting you in progressing and developing your skillset further.
- Healthcare provided.
- Benchmarked salary and progression paths with many opportunities for grown within the business.
- Provide excellent customer service as the portal into Tech Data’s managed and support services
- Answer calls and e-mails to a professional standard as demonstrated in training
- Use the tools and training provided to perform triage on all new incidents and service requests ensuring tickets are handled with the appropriate priority
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date call records (tickets) using the call record and progress system
- Keep a regular call schedule, updating clients on open tickets
- Complete an accurate and detailed hand-over to other engineers of any calls and tasks in progress
- Attend formal and informal training sessions to enhance their knowledge and progress to the next engineering position
- Be available to work as a member of the support desk team working on a 24 x 7 rotating shift system that includes nights, weekends and public holidays
Knowledge Skills and Experience
- Use of Windows and computing technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Awareness of networking, cloud, and security technologies
- Basic knowledge of the Internet and Internet Protocols
- Computing or Networking recognised Certification (e.g CompTIA Networking+, JNCIS, CCNA)
- English (Required) Additional language skills such as French/German/Spanish (A plus)