About the Company:
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
AMETEK consists of two operating groups, both with highly-differentiated technology and leading positions in niche markets:
Electronic Instruments - a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
Electromechanical - a differentiated supplier of automation and precision motion control solutions, and highly engineered electrical interconnects, specialty metals and thermal management systems.
- Independent supervision of the assigned product group spectrum
- Development and implementation of procurement strategies as well as active risk management
- Selection, adjustment and further development of the supplier portfolio
- Execution of procurement market analyses
- Execution of inquiries/tenders and evaluation of offers under TCO aspects
- Negotiating and concluding contracts in the area of responsibility (including price negotiations)
- Participation in interdisciplinary project teams
- Carrying out technical and commercial coordination and clarification in the area of responsibility
- Global coordination of purchasing activities in the area of responsibility
- Carrying out supplier audits
- Completed technical or business studies/training with relevant experience for the area of responsibility
- Experience in the areas of purchasing, scheduling, production planning, production or sales is an advantage
- Profound knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Confident use of common MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to travel, negotiation skills, ability to work in a team and high technical understanding
- Ability to work under pressure and strong communication skills
- Structured way of working
- Responsible position
- Extensive training
- Performance-related remuneration
- Further training opportunities
- International development prospects