Technical & Sales Support Engineer
Viking EMEA is a subsidiary of its parent company Minimax Viking GmbH and is active in the sales and distribution of firefighting products and systems in Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. Viking EMEA employs approximately 200 people and has distribution centers in Luxembourg (headquarters), Germany, Sweden, UK, Italy, Spain, Romania, Serbia and Turkey. Several local offices in Poland, the Netherlands, and Dubai complete the network of our presence in the EMEA region.
We are ready to reinforce our sales team in the Balkans and looking for Technical & Sales Support Engineer. You are our recognized, trusted technical expert for the Balkan market. You work closely with sales activities to offer technical support customer facing with a focus on design and Features & Benefits to influence purchasing demands. You ensure that our Viking brand is at the forefront of our clients via training to customers, insurers, end-users, consultants and other specifiers of fire protection equipment.
The main responsibilities of this position are:
- Create demand by building up a network of specifiers, end-users and influencers and work on specification- and vendor lists tasks
- Provide technical support for all water/mist and foam lines to Viking EMEA customers and as such improve customers’ loyalty
- Provide local market and the local teams technically and with product information
- Jointly with the sales team enforce Viking S.A.’s local presence by promoting Viking products, new product introductions, via seminars, lunch & learn sessions and trainings
- Continuously work on improvement and optimizing Viking products, in close corporation with Product Managers
- Behave actively to support the local sales team to reach local annual sales and margin targets
- Contribute to complaint management
- Provide technical support (including on-site) to customers and specifiers for water/foam based product range
- Provide the best technical solutions for customers’ projects and assist customers and specifiers in complex projects to identify systems and products
- Work with sales team to promote Viking to new potential customers
- Promote and co-ordinate Viking’s participation in local trade associations including assisting with their activities
- Assist Product Managers with obtaining local approvals to support product launch
- Prepare technical documentation to obtain necessary local certifications
- Identify in each country local approval organizations, procedures and lobbying opportunities and organize the adequate lobbying
You are based in Serbia (you will work (partially) from home office; 50/50 office and remote).
The Technical Support Engineer will report to the Sales Manager of the Balkan countries.
Qualifications and experience:
- You have a background in technical sales or as a project leader within the fire protection or related business
- You have a technical/engineering background, understanding of the contracting business and are able to work effectively with specifiers and contractors
- You have a good knowledge of fire protections rules, especially for water and foam suppression systems with a focus on VdS/FM
- Experience in the design of systems would be desirable
- You have a hands-on fitter experience with relevant pipework installation experience
- You are well presented, enthusiastic with the drive to succeed in a competitive but developing market
- You have proven technical skills and experiences and you are a good communicator in English
- The position requires traveling mostly across the Balkans and Romania but visits may be required to other countries.
- You should have a helicopter perspective, be able to prioritize and get things done
- You are valued for your excellent interpersonal communication skills (in Serbian and English, other languages are welcome)
- You can communicate, interact and adapt to all levels in the organization through various channels and methods
- You are able to build strong relationships and networks through trust and integrity
- You are a self-starter, well organized, able to prioritize and you get things done
- You are a listener and able to influence, motivate and convince when needed
- You are result oriented and have a strong sense of commitment to deliver
We provide you with an interesting and challenging position in an international environment, within a growing business unit. We offer you technical training to develop you into a specialist in Sprinkler, Water Mist and Foam systems. Viking offers a competitive package like a company car and a bonus/incentive plan.
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in English via this website. For more information, please visit our website: www.viking-emea.com