ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD International Scholarships in China
For the advancement of science in developing countries, the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO), the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and the World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) have together established the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
The study program is open to international students who are citizens of developing countries. The applicants must not hold Chinese citizenship and must have enrolled in the Chinese Academy of Sciences or The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) to be considered. The scholarship award covers expenses from tuition fees to visa. A monthly stipend is also provided.
The World Academy of Sciences, founded in 1983 by a distinguished group of scientists from the developing world under the leadership of Abdus Salam, the Pakistani physicist and Nobel laureate, is a merit-based science academy established for developing countries.
The principal aim of the World Academy of Sciences is to promote scientific capacity and excellence for sustainable development in developing countries and supports sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy, and diplomacy. The academy is the hub for a global network of scientists and organizations working to advance science in the developing world.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2023
- University or Organization: World Academy of Sciences
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: Tuition fee and other benefits
- Number of Awards: 40
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in China
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD level study programs in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology, Biological Systems and Organisms, Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Astronomy, Space and Earth Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physics, and Social and Economic Sciences at the Chinese Academy of Sciences or The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be nationals of developing countries.
- The applicants must not hold Chinese citizenship.
- The applicants must be under 40 and 45 years of age for master’s and doctoral study, respectively.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants must submit an admission application at an eligible institute. The scholarship application can be made by logging in here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year)
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcripts for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must provide all necessary documents.
- Language Requirement: The applicants should be proficient in English or Chinese.
The selected PhD scholars can expect to be awarded the following benefits:
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend of 6,000 or 7,000 CNY/month (depending on whether the awardee has passed the qualification test arranged by the University), up to 48 months
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa