BIF Travel Grants for research in Germany, 2022
Funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds, the program is open for those eligible candidates who wish to pursue an experimental project in basic biomedical research.
The Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF) support up-and-coming junior scientists whose research projects experimentally elucidate the basic phenomena of human life. It is a public foundation – an independent, non-profit organization for the exclusive and direct promotion of basic research in biomedicine.
Why should apply to this program? Through this program, candidates can get a great opportunity for those candidates, who have financial disadvantages in their career path. Students can recognize their skills and get the study opportunity at any place.
Application Deadline: Applications are open
- University or Organization: Boehringer Ingelheim Fonds (BIF)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: European or Non-European Citizens
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: European or Non-European Citizens
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD research degree in Biomedical
- Admissible Criteria: The call is open to European citizens working in Europe and overseas, and to non-European citizens who perform their MD, PhD or postdoctoral project in Europe, or will use the travel grant to work in Europe.
- Applicants must pursue an experimental project in basic biomedical research and belong to one of the following groups of junior scientists:
- PhD students or medical students pursuing an experimental doctoral thesis, a particular research project and graduates from abroad who have applied for a PhD project but who have not yet worked with their potential PhD supervisor.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are excited towards this bursary then you are required to be registered as a PhD degree student at a recognized university. After taking affirmation, aspirants can send an online application via the application portal.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the summary of the current research project outline of your experiments in the host laboratory, a statement in which you describe the connection of the planned training with your current research project, list of your publications, certificates of all examinations, photocopies of high school diploma/secondary certificate, letter of recommendation and evidence of expenses.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, seekers are recommended to hold their bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades.
- Language Requirement: All claimants must have to meet the minimum English language requirements.
Travel grants will provide a flat-rate contribution which may cover the expenses for travel, lodging and course fees.