Edinburgh Doctoral College Scholarships in UK, 2023
To support outstanding worldwide students in the UK, the University of Edinburgh is offering Doctoral College Scholarships. The program is open to both international and domestic students.
The funding program aims to encourage all talented and deserving students who want to commence a Ph.D. degree program for the academic session 2023/2024.
As one of the ancient universities of Scotland, the University of Edinburgh provides international students with separate undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. It offers research-led teaching and learning experiences of the highest quality.
Why study at the University of Edinburgh? The university provides candidates with expertise and experience to prepare and successfully transition from student to professional for their potential career. Students at this university will have several ways to learn, from on-campus programs to part-time online studies.
Application Deadline: The applications are open for the academic year 2023/2024. Applications deadlines will vary by School/Deanery and will be linked to the application deadline for programs (from 2nd February until 9th March - check out here).
- University or Organization: University of Edinburgh
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee, a stipend of £TBD (expected 15,609)
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and domestic students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Ph.D. degree program in any subject offered by the university
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Applicants must be of excellent academic merit and potential for science.
- Must have a UK first-class or 2:1 honors degree at the undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- Must not have already obtained a Ph.D., or formal equivalent, due to direct research training.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for the award, applicants must be admitted to the Ph.D. degree program at the university. After being enrolled, students can access the application form.
- Note: Applications are open for all schools except the School of Economics, the School of Informatics, Biomedical Sciences, and Molecular, Genetic, and Population Health Science. These are currently being worked on and will open shortly.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a CV, academic transcripts, passport, letter of recommendation, and other relevant documents.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.
The University of Edinburgh will provide tuition fees and a stipend of £TBD (expected 15,609). Subject to satisfactory progress, the scholarships are awarded for between three and four years as agreed by the School/Deanery (or pro-rata for part-time).