Fully-funded International PhD Studentships in Geography, UK
The University of Exeter’s College of Life and Environmental Sciences is inviting applicants to apply for a fully-funded PhD Studentship in Geography.
This study award is available for brilliant students from all around the world who are going to enroll in the PhD degree programme at the university in the United Kingdom.
Established in 1955, the University of Exeter is a public research university in Exeter, United Kingdom. It provides undergraduate, masters and research level in a wide range of subjects across science, humanities, and social sciences.
Why study at the University of Exeter? The University of Exeter is a well-known institution that successfully blends world-class research with excellent instruction and great student satisfaction. The university wants to harness the strength of its research and education to build a sustainable, healthy, and just society. They mix top-notch research with excellent teaching and high levels of student satisfaction.
Application Deadline: The closing date for applications is midnight on 14th August 2022.
- University: University of Exeter
- Department: College of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Geography
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants for this studentship must have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK in an appropriate area of science or technology such as Environmental Science, Soil Science, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, etc.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To empower this educational award, students need to take admission in the PhD degree coursework at the university.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following supporting documents:
- Letter of application (outlining your academic interests, prior research experience and reasons for wishing to undertake the project).
- A Research proposal (3x A4 pages outlining your understanding of what the project will entail, including a short literature review)
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained (this should be an interim transcript if you are still studying)
- Two references from referees familiar with your academic work. If your referees prefer, they can email the reference direct to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the studentship reference number.
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted to the university, aspirants have to meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you will need to have achieved at least 6.0 IELTS and no less than 6.0 in any section by the start of the project.
The University of Exeter will provide the award amount of home tuition fees plus an annual tax-free stipend of at least £15,609 for 3.5 years full-time or pro-rata for part-time study.