PhD International Scholarships in Intracluster Medium of Galaxy Clusters in New Zealand
Victoria University of Wellington is very honored to bring to students an opportunity to conduct research into the Intracluster Medium of Galaxy Clusters by offering them the PhD Scholarships in Intracluster Medium of Galaxy Clusters in New Zealand for the academic year 2022-2023.
All domestic, as well as international or overseas students, can apply for this scholarship. The ideal candidate for this PhD position is one who will have a strong background in astronomy and/or general physics. Successfully selected applicants will be awarded a tuition fee and a tax-free stipend worth NZD $27,500 for up to 3 years.
Victoria University of Wellington, formerly named Victoria College, is a research institute ranked 223rd in the World University Ranking, QS 2021, that chases research strengths and the distinctive advantages and opportunities that it provides to deliver transformative outcomes.
Why should you choose to study at Victoria University of Wellington? Victoria University of Wellington has formed connections to industries, government, and research organizations strategically located in the capital to offer its students the opportunity to benefit from them. The university hosts students from across many international countries that share the same passion for their subjects which enhances the student experience at Victoria by utilizing their knowledge and skills in an interactive and engaging way.
- University or Organization: Victoria University of Wellington;
- Department: NA;
- Course Level: Doctoral;
- Award: NZD $27,500;
- Number of Awards: NA;
- Access Mode: Online;
- Nationality: Domestic or International;
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
- Eligible Countries: All international students can make applications.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a PhD study programme at the School of Chemical and Physical Sciences of Victoria University of Wellington.
- Eligibility Criteria: The applicants must have a strong background in astronomy and/or general physics.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The students are required to apply online through the university’s official application portal. To make applications for the scholarship, students must mail the supporting documents to email@example.com.
- Supporting Documents: The students are must provide a cover letter describing why you believe you are a good fit for this position, a CV (including academic transcript), and the names of two academic referees.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must meet the entry requirements for the doctoral programme at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.
- Language Requirement:
- TOEFL 90 points on the internet-based test with a minimum of 20 in writing;
- IELTS overall band of 6.5, no sub-score below 6;
- Pearson Test of English, with a score of 58.
The successful applicant will receive a tax-free stipend of NZD $27,500 per year as well as payment of all university tuition fees and funding to attend international conferences for up to 3 years of study by the Victoria University of Wellington.