Editor (English Language)
Joorney Business Plans
Joorney is a business plan writing company that focuses on specific purpose business writing and financial forecasting, rather than on all-around, comprehensive consulting services. The overwhelming majority of the company’s services are provided to clients operating or aiming to operate in the North American markets.
Our team consists of around 100 people in offices spread across Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Niš, as well as Banjaluka and Skopje. We are looking for an Editor who will join a dedicated Proofreading and Editing Department that supports the company’s growth steps and further development.
- Edit business plans and other deliverables for sentence structure, paragraph structure, and other similar corrections that require the full scope of the editing process
- Proofread business plans and other deliverables for typos, misspellings, grammar and punctuation errors, and other similar corrections
- Provide insight to the Writers if there seems to be a lack of logic, a discrepancy in the thought process, or a deviation from the company’s established writing style
- Grade the quality of deliverables and complete reports, as per the company’s policies
- Help writers continuously improve their written English by supporting the company’s training process, as well as by offering instructional comments, advice, guidelines for each deliverable, and objective feedback on the work done
- World-class English language skills, including the feel for text written by a native vs. a non-native writer [native speakers are preferred candidates]
- Interest in the business and the practical side of the English language
- Advanced Microsoft Word skills, a large majority of the deliverables are prepared using this software
- Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree level
- As much experience in editing and proofreading, and particularly of business documents, is preferred
- Ability to handle tight editing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Full-time job
- Hybrid working policy, which includes highly flexible working hours and choosing either remote or in-office work
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Private Health Insurance as an added benefit after 6 months
- Timely and organized performance reviews
- Training on the company’s guidelines and policies
In order to be considered for this position, you need to submit your resume in English language. Additional documentation is welcome, but is not mandatory and does not have to be in English.